Welcome.....

This is a blog that I decided to start so people can benefit from the wisdom of my experience.....ENJOY!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

And it begins

I have never done something like this before.  I have written before but just small snippets of thoughts on paper never to be seen by anyone, probably rotting somewhere in a city dump.

So a little about why I decided to write this.....Dan (my husband) and I are newlyweds, married on January 10, 2010.  We live in Brooklyn and are both teachers.  Recently, Dan has been accepted to a PhD program at Drexel University (Philadelphia).  We decided that the best thing right now would be for him to move to Philadelphia and I would stay in Brooklyn (having to move back in with my mother-that's another blog altogether).

Originally, the plan was for Dan to stay in Drexel housing.  As with all things in life, never count your chickens before they hatch. Due to some technical problems on Drexel's end, we weren't able to confirm the housing assignment.  As I begin to panic that my husband will be living in a cardboard box on the streets of Philadelphia, we decided that the best thing for us to do it buy something or rent cheaply.  Well....you can't rent cheaply in Philadelphia. So we went with the buying. Through the wonders of the Internet, we met Stephanie, our realtor.  She is great! Answers questions, and there were a lot and held our hand through the process. In late July, we met with Stephanie to see some properties, some were good, some were too tiny even for one person.  But eventually we found something that we both can call home.....and that's where all the insanities began!

1 comment:

  1. House hunting is a full time job... for us we needed something to suit 5 adults and 4 kids. You have your work cut out for you because of the change in location but it is all a learning process and in the end you'll find the right home. *I think our gmail account is in Adam's name so just know it's me - Jane :p

    ReplyDelete